Monday, January 27, 2014

First finish

Does anybody know where January went? If you happen to see it, can you let me know? How on earth did it get to be February already? Yikes!

I was just thinking how pleased I was to have my first project of the year finished "already" and then I realized...it is the 27th of January today, practically February. Phooey. Oh well. I am still happy to be able to share it, just the same.

This is my Project size Lined Drawstring Bag from Jeni at In Color Order featuring the Kitty Dreams print from Catnap. The Project bag is a little bigger than the one in the free tutorial available here, but the construction is the same. I changed it up a little, opting for a narrow band at the top instead of the wider accent band the pattern calls for, and I added the outside pocket per the tutorial at Sew Sweetness.

I made the bag for my daughter who declared she needed something nice to keep her knitting projects in. This bag should work well for her needs and it gave me a fun, quick project to do on a cold winter afternoon so it's a win all-round.

Hope everyone has a good week. Stay warm!

e.

7 comments:

  1. Agreed, January flew in! Great bag, looks ideal for knitting bits and bobs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link to the tutorial! I had the pattern set aside to buy! I'm not a cat person, but I do love that Catnap fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! This is my favorite bag pattern for sure and I love how you changed it up a bit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you January went by so fast. Beautiful bag and perfect to carry a knitting project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally cute!! I like the changes you made to the pattern as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loverly bag your daughter should love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a super cute bag, and those outer pockets are just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS