Monday, October 1, 2012

{Sew} Modern Monday - October 1

Happy October! This is another one of my favourite months. Our Thanksgiving holiday in Canada falls on the second Monday of October; in other words, this coming weekend is our holiday long weekend, and I am looking forward to it. Our son and his wife will be down from the big city and the girls and their guys will be here as well. We are having turkey dinner on Sunday afternoon with all the fixings. We ordered a fresh turkey from the Farmer's Market and we'll get to pick it up on Saturday morning. Tomorrow is our 15% off day at the grocery store, so I'll be making my way there to get the rest of the items I need. 

But, you did not come for a food post. For the second week in a row (I should probably note this) I have something to link up with {Sew} Modern Monday over at Canoe Ridge Creations. It is actually a project that has been in progress for a long time. I sewed the bindings on and then set them aside so I could pick them up and do the hand sewing as time allowed.























The pattern was provided as a series of tutorials over at Sew, Mama, Sew last year and the project was designed by Elizabeth Hartman of Oh, Fransson! The pattern is called Color Block Placemats (it is so hard for me to write color without the "u") and she provides directions to make matching napkins to go along with them. It was an easy and quick project and I am quite sure I'll be making more before the year is out. You can see, I am actually not quite finished but I wanted to take the photo while the light was still decent and I'll finish sewing down that binding tonight. The focus fabric is a print from last year's Central Park line by Kate Spain for Moda.

I have been lucky enough to be able to join the 4x5 bee for this quarter. I have no idea what I'm doing, but it looks like a lot of fun - I'll keep you posted! 

Better get my binding finished! Hope your week got off to a good start.

e.



3 comments:

  1. Oh those are just beautiful! I made a version last year too - I love the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your placemats are so pretty! I really need to try that pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful, what great color choices.

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS