Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Swoon #9!

I slowed down a bit, but I finally finished my last Swoon block! I have tossed around a few ideas about how I'd like to sash and bind this quilt, but reality checked in and I decided I should really work from what I have on hand, at least for the sashing part, so I'll be using Kona Snow as I did for the background. And, I think it will look really nice. I'm excited.


The fabrics are an Amy Butler print and a Quilt Soup print (I think the line was Summertime). I had really wanted to make this quilt and had purchased the pattern before the quilt-along got started. I joined in thinking I'd go at a much slower pace than I ended up following. There are lots of pieces but overall, the blocks weren't difficult at all. I will get the top together and then set it aside as I have some different priorities coming up over the next few weeks. 

My husband bought me flowers for Valentine's Day. Roses are nice, but my favourites are tulips. He picked me up a couple bunches and today, they opened up and look so pretty on the middle of our dining room table.


I don't have an iPhone (I'm a Blackberry girl) so I don't have the Instagram app that people use to make their pictures look all cool and vintage. I did find an online app called Pixlr which I was able to download to my computer. I used it to put the "special effects" on my tulip photo above (actually, it helps disguise how dirty my window is!).

Happy Wednesday.

e.

1 comment:

  1. Love the tulip pic! They are my fav too! Congrats on Swoon #9 - so cool!

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS